The Australian International Design Awards and the Good Design Council Australia aim ‘To create a better Australia where good design is ubiquitous and leads to a better, safer, more beautiful and sustainable world.’
This year, for the first time, the Awards have a service design category in the areas of:
- Not-for-profit: Not-for-profit services designed for charitable or other causes.
- Business: Profit-generating services designed for the business sector.
- Education: Services designed for the education sector.
- Government: Public services designed in response to government tenders.
The Awards also recognise product design in the areas of:
- Business and technology
- Medical and scientific
- Automotive and transport
- Sport and leisure
- Housing and Building
- Heavy machinery
- Architectural and interior
Entry is open to all professionally designed products or services available in Australia (including those available to Australians via the internet). This means products or services professionally designed by Australians for overseas markets are also eligible (see more under ‘Eligibility’). Deadlines for all submissions are soon on 30 March 2012.
Image from http://www.gooddesignaustralia.com